Reporting Standards for print and digital editions of products registered in the Republic of Ireland ABC Bulk Distribution sector.
View Full Standards
( printable PDF )
- General Principles and Record Keeping
- Free Pick Up Copies
- Free Requested Delivered Copies
- Single Copy Subscription Sales
- Retail Sales (Sale or Return)
- Retail Sales (Limited Sale or Return)
- Single Copy Sales
- Digital Editions
- Reported Data
- Basic Cover Price
- Issues to be included / excluded
- Reporting Periods
- Certificate Types
- Return Form Submission, Audit, Certification
- Caps by Supply Type – Free Pick Up Copies
Issued April 2017
- Excluded issues: The ability to exclude an issue of a paid for publication from the average circulation due to a local bank holiday has been amended to those issues where sales are affected by a local public holiday, evidenced either by publication on an official local authority website or by virtue of a long-standing custom/tradition previously recognised by ABC.
- Event Audience (Multi-Platform Certificate/Report) - You can report a simple event audience figure on a Multi-Platform Certificate/Report. The attendance figure will comprise people that have attended (whether paying or free), with them being counted once on each day they attend.
- Awards Seat Sales (Multi-Platform Certificate/Report) - You can report seat sales for Awards Events on a Multi-Platform Certificate/Report. Further details of attendees are not required.
If you require information on any earlier changes please contact us.
The Irish (ROI) Council
The Irish (Republic of Ireland) Council has the responsibility for ABC Reporting Standards for Republic of Ireland giving it the authority to develop rule sets directly relating to Irish (ROI) publications.
A publication will report under the ROI Reporting Standards if it publishes the majority of its circulation/distribution in the Republic of Ireland.
The members of the Council are:
Ann Marie Lenihan, Chief Executive Officer, NewsBrands Ireland
Barry Dooley, Association of Advertisers in Ireland (AAI)
Brendan McCabe (Chair)
Charley Stoney, CEO, IAPI
Colin Kerr, Executive Editor, EuroTimes
Enda Daly, Operations / Circulation Analysis, Independent News & Media
Eoin Doyle, Head of Marketing, Food, Glanbia Consumer Foods Ireland
Fran Walsh, Newspaper Sales Development Manager, The Irish Times
Jason Nebenzahl, Managing Director, PHD
Johnny O'Hanlon, Director, Local Ireland
Philippa Gee, Marketing & Circulation Manager, Magazines Ireland
Details of the weeks applied to each audit month and the months applied to each reporting period.
Island of Ireland report
View the latest report for this sector and find out when the next report is released.
If you require past versions of Reporting Standards you can find them here.