From periods ending January 2020 ROI titles will now report under the Consumer Magazine Reporting Standards.
Monitored/Sample Free Distribution: Free copies packaged with other magazines or products can now be included in these categories. Examples include a free magazine within a retail multipack, a magazine inserted within another publication and a free magazine within a goodybag
- New ABC Standards have been agreed for ROI Consumer Magazines. The link above details significant changes in reporting and circulation requirements that will come into effect from Reporting Periods ending December 2018
- An example certificate illustrating the new design and layout can be viewed here
Digital Editions: All You Can Read Sales - A new category for Digital Edition copies where the consumer has paid and viewed a copy as part of a multi-publication offer.
Optional analyses: You can report, with ABC's agreement, additional information on the certificate. ABC will review the request and confirm whether the information can be reported and any associated cost.
Controlled Circulation: We may agree to waive the requirement for a mailing list and duplication testing against other individual circulation for copies distributed using an auditable distribution process that is operated by a third party/partner operation.
- Multiple Copy Sales: Optional analysis - These copies are currently analysed by a standard set of consumer types i.e. Airside, Hotel, Trains etc. You may now choose to report additional detail about these copies, providing it is auditable.
- Event Audience (Multi-Platform Certificate/Report) - You can report a simple event audience figure on a Multi-Platform Certificate/Report. The attendance figure will comprise people that have attended (whether paying or free), with them being counted once on each day they attend.
- Awards Seat Sales (Multi-Platform Certificate/Report) - You can report seat sales for Awards Events on a Multi-Platform Certificate/Report. Further details of attendees are not required.
If you require information on any earlier changes please contact us.
If you require past versions of Reporting Standards you can find them here.