Reporting Standards for print products registered in the Republic of Ireland Free Letterbox Delivery sector.
View Full Standards
( printable PDF )
- General Principles and Record Keeping
- Reported Data
- Free Letterbox Delivery
- Issues to be included / excluded
- Reporting Periods
- Return Form Submission, Audit, Certification
Consolidated auditing: Option for six monthly certificates to be audited on an annual cycle
- New ABC Standards have been agreed for ROI Newspapers. The link above details significant changes in reporting and circulation requirements that will come into effect from Reporting Periods ending December 2018
Event Audience (Multi-Platform Certificate/Report) - You can report a simple event audience figure on a Multi-Platform Certificate/Report. The attendance figure will comprise people that have attended (whether paying or free), with them being counted once on each day they attend.
Awards Seat Sales (Multi-Platform Certificate/Report) - You can report seat sales for Awards Events on a Multi-Platform Certificate/Report. Further details of attendees are not required.
If you require information on any earlier changes please contact us.
The Irish Council
The Irish (Republic of Ireland) Council has the responsibility for ABC Reporting Standards for Republic of Ireland giving it the authority to develop rule sets directly relating to Irish (ROI) publications.
A publication will report under the ROI Reporting Standards if it publishes the majority of its circulation/distribution in the Republic of Ireland.
The members of the Council are:
- Magazines Ireland, Grace Aungier, Chief Executive
- Independent News & Media, Enda Daly, Operations / Circulation Analysis
- Association of Advertisers in Ireland (AAI), Barry Dooley
- Glanbia Consumer Foods Ireland, Eoin Doyle, Head of Marketing, Food
- EuroTimes, Colin Kerr, Executive Editor
- NewsBrands Ireland, Ann Marie Lenihan, Chief Executive Officer
- Brendan McCabe, Chair
- PHD, Jason Nebenzahl, Managing Director
- Local Ireland, Johnny O'Hanlon, Director
- IAPI, Charley Stoney, CEO
- The Irish Times, Fran Walsh, Newspaper Sales Development Manager
Details of the weeks applied to each audit month and the months applied to each reporting period.
Island of Ireland report
View the latest report for this sector and find out when the next report is released.
If you require past versions of Reporting Standards you can find them here.