Paid Employee Copies
A single copy sold by a publisher to a current employee of the publisher under an ABC approved purchase scheme.
1. Single copy knowingly paid for by current employee
The purchase by the employee may be directly deducted from their salary or by other means agreed by ABC in writing.
You can only claim one copy of one edition for each issue purchased by an employee under the scheme.
You cannot claim sales of back issues.
2. Copies are purchased direct from the publisher under an ABC pre-approved purchase scheme
You must obtain ABC’s approval of the purchase scheme before copies can be claimed.
You must be able to demonstrate the employee has opted to purchase the claimed copies.
You must account for sales on an issue by issue basis.
Average Paid Employee Copies per issue for the period [reported as Paid Subscription Copies] analysed by:
- Digital Edition
Breakout copies into:
- Single Copy Subscriptions, comprising:
- Single Copy Subscriptions
- Paid Employee Copies
- Publisher Controlled Direct Delivery (print only)
- Voucher Subscriptions (print only)
- Multiple Subscriptions (print only)
- Corporate Subscriptions (Digital Edition only)
G2. Copies are purchased direct from the publisher under an ABC pre-approved purchase scheme
You will need to ensure all records required to support the employee copy sale claim are available for audit. This will include financial records that adequately identify the numbers of each issue of the publication sold, including an audit trail to verify the money has been received from identified staff members, including if taken via salary deduction.