Voucher Subscription Sales
A single copy sold to an individual who pays the publisher in advance to obtain the publication via a retailer, by means of a voucher, for a contracted period.
1. There must be a contractual arrangement between the individual purchaser and the publisher
You must be able to provide evidence of the contractual arrangements between the individual purchaser and the publisher, including the issues/period, the quantities purchased and the price.
2. Copies are purchased by an individual in advance
An individual can purchase gift subscriptions (maximum 12 subscriptions per subscriber). The recipient(s) details must be known.
- Payment in arrears is acceptable only where this is due to payment being collected by direct debit or continuous credit card billing arrangements.
3. Copies are supplied to the individual through retailer distribution via the redemption of a voucher
The number of copies claimed should relate to the number of vouchers redeemed in the reporting period.
4. For a contracted period and for a minimum number of issues
The contracted period must include issues for a minimum period of four weeks.
You cannot claim sales of back issues.
5. There must be an auditable incentive for vouchers redeemed to be reported to the publisher
No additional requirements.
Average Voucher Subscription Sales per issue for the period [reported as Paid Subscription Copies] analysed by:
Breakout copies into:
- Single Copy Subscriptions, comprising:
- Single Copy Subscriptions
- Paid Employee Copies
- Publisher Controlled Direct Delivery (print only)
- Voucher Subscriptions (print only)
- Multiple Subscriptions (print only)
- Corporate Subscriptions (Digital Edition only)
G3. Copies are supplied to the individual through retailer distribution via the redemption of a voucher
Given the possible delay between the redemption of vouchers by individuals and the notification to the publisher it may be appropriate in some circumstances to make an estimate of possible voucher redemptions to reflect a fair and reasonable figure for the number of sales in the reporting period.